Tax Manager - June 20, 2022
BW Gold Ltd. (BW Gold) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc (Artemis). Artemis is listed on the TSX Venture exchange, is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company with strong financial capacity aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Artemis, by way of BW Gold, is the proponent of the Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia, approximately 160 km southwest of Prince George and 446 km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. Blackwater is an advanced-stage mine development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing construction in 2022. The Company published a feasibility study in September 2021 which reflects proven and probable reserves of 8Moz of gold at 0.78g/t, a low strip ratio of 2:1 and a net present value of C$2.15B at a long-term gold price of US$1,600.
We have an exciting opportunity in our newly opened Prince George regional office. We are looking for a full-time Taxation Manager to join our financial team. The successful candidate will report to the Mine Controller and will be a career-focused individual that is excited to join and contribute to a new mining group in BC.
- Execute corporate & transactional tax planning and tax compliance
- Manage Federal & Provincial tax exposures independently and effectively: Corporate tax
- Administer compliance with PST & Import Duties
- Prepare & file tax returns
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provisions and maintain “tax accounting records” in compliance with CRA
- Research tax issues and prepare internal and external memoranda
- Liaise with tax authorities on tax filings, audits and appeals
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve tax issues
- Responsible for managing both external & internal tax-related relationships
- Support the senior management in implementing tax efficient structure and tax planning projects
- Cooperate with tax advisors on complex tax issues in relation to past and future tax position of the Group
- CPA designation
- Completed, enrolled in or willing to enroll in the CICA In-Depth Tax Course
- Minimum of 5+ years in the tax specialty
- Prior experience in mining industry considered an asset
- Prior experience administering BC Mineral Resource Tax an asset
Skills & Qualities
- Excellent time management skills
- Innovative thinking
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, technical and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills
How to Apply:
We ask that qualified candidates submit their resumes to email@example.com with “BW Gold – Tax Manager” in the subject line of their email.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, or any other basis protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous People. We would like to thank all of those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.