Supervisor - Earthworks
BW Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc (“Artemis”). Artemis is listed on the TSX Venture exchange, and is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company with strong financials aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is construction of the Blackwater Mine in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the project team as the Company pursues the disciplined development of the Blackwater Mine. Blackwater Mine received its BC Mines Act permit in March, 2023, its environmental assessment approvals in 2019, and will begin major works construction in Q1, 2023.
Reporting to the Construction Superintendent – Earthworks, the Supervisor – Earthworks is responsible for supervising, coordinating and scheduling daily earthworks construction activities.
Location: Blackwater Mine site. The Blackwater Project is 160km Southwest of Prince George, BC.
Schedule: Two (2) Weeks On – Two (2) Weeks Off Rotation
Employment Type: Fixed term to December 31, 2024
Scope of Responsibilities
- Demonstrate effective safety leadership by addressing and enforcing BW Golds safety standards, procedures, and safety systems.
- Effective coordination and utilization of onsite resources to deliver the project schedule safely, productively & on time.
- The ability to delegate tasks to teams and business partners.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with engineers, surveyors and other construction specialists.
- Lead by example & effectively supervise the construction team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven leadership skills with safety, efficiency, and productivity being paramount.
- Time management skills.
- Technical skills: must be able to interpret plans, drawings, maps.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding in heavy equipment capabilities and limitations.
- Proven dedication to seeing projects through to completion.
- 5+ years leading large teams in civil earthworks, mining, Tailings Storage Facility and earth dam construction.
- BC Open Pit Shift Boss Certificate.
- Valid OFA Level 1 and transportation endorsement.
- Ability to work at a remote location camp on a 2 weeks on/2 weeks off rotation.
- Comfortable working and living in close quarters with the team.
- Ability to maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shift.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work rotating shifts between days and nights.
How to Apply:
We ask that qualified candidates submit their resumes to [email protected] with Supervisor - Earthworks in the subject line of their email.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, or any other basis protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples. Members of Indigenous communities should clearly identify their status on their resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.Apply Now