Senior Project Engineer - October 24, 2022
BW Gold Ltd. is a subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc., listed on the TSX Venture exchange, a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the project team as the Company pursues the disciplined development of the Blackwater Project. Blackwater is an advanced-stage development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing major construction in fall 2022. The Company published a Feasibility Study in September 2021 which reflects a 22-year mine life, a low strip ratio of 2:1 and a net present value of C$2.15B at a long-term consensus gold price of US$1,600/oz.
The role will be full time and based in Vancouver, Prince George, or Vanderhoof, however some travel to the company’s other office locations and the Blackwater mine site will be required. The Blackwater Project is 165 km Southwest of Prince George, BC.
This is a unique opportunity to join an experienced team early in the detailed engineering and construction phase and to contribute to the success of a flagship project for the province. The role will provide a unique opportunity to work with, learn from, and build relationships with technical experts, project professionals, vendors, and construction partners. The position will report to the Senior Project & Contracts Engineer and be responsible for project wide engineering coordination and support the project controls functions.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Ensure all activities are conducted in a manner that prioritizes safety, the environment and community, and industrial relations.
- Demonstrate courageous leadership by promoting a safe work environment, ensuring compliance with BW Gold’s Health, Safety and Environmental Programs and the BC Mines Act.
- Lead the detailed design of site wide infrastructure, electrical, and process systems.
- Prepare scopes of work and technical tender packages. Be responsible for the technical tender process and bid evaluations.
- Own key technical project documents such as mechanical equipment lists (MELs), load lists, line designation tables, instrument lists, general arrangement / layout drawings, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, regulations, and professional practice guidelines.
- Manage engineering and design documentation produced by engineering firms and ensure that design and construction information is coordinated with all stakeholders.
- Take ownership of technical scopes of work by managing vendors, consultants, and contractors to deliver Issued for Construction (IFC) documentation.
- Ensure construction is executed per the design intent and support commissioning through to operations.
- Review engineering/contractor deliverables for technical compliance, scope alignment, and quality.
- Respond to Requests-for-Information (RFI) from engineers and construction contractors in a timely fashion.
- Compile and reconcile financial budgets, actuals, and forecasts provided by engineering and construction departments.
- Initiate, maintain and ensure safe keeping of accurate records of design reviews, workshops, and alignment meetings.
- Weekly and monthly reporting.
- Assist with the production of engineering and construction work packages.
- Work in a team environment and share skills/experience with other members of the team.
- Mechanical, chemical, or electrical engineering degree from a recognized university.
- Professional Engineer in British Columbia.
- 5-15 years of discipline or project engineering/coordination experience – responsibilities and compensation will depend on the candidate’s experience.
- Experienced in working closely with multi-disciplinary teams in a heavy industrial project development setting.
- Detailed understanding of project management and project controls principles.
- Recent mining project experience would be a strong asset, but other major capital project experience in the region could be transferable.
- Experience working for an EPC/EPCM contractor or an Owner during the project development phase.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and manage a variety of assignments and situations simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible team player.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply:
We ask that any qualified candidates submit their resumes to [email protected] citing “Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, or any other basis protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples. We would like to thank all of those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.Apply Now