Project Engineer – Civil Earthworks (Fixed-Term Contract) - January 31, 2023
BW Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc (“Artemis”). Artemis is listed on the TSX Venture exchange, and is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company with strong financials aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is construction of the Blackwater Mine in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the project team as the Company pursues the disciplined development of the Blackwater Mine. Blackwater Mine received its BC Mines Act permit in March, 2023, its environmental assessment approvals in 2019, and will begin major works construction in Q1, 2023.
We are looking for an experienced and proactive Project Engineer to join our Blackwater project team. Reporting to the VP Construction, the Project Engineer is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of various infrastructure projects at the Blackwater Project Site.
Location of Position: Blackwater Mine site
Some travel to the company’s office locations will be required. The Blackwater Project is 165 km Southwest of Prince George, BC.
Schedule: Two (2) Weeks On – Two (2) Weeks Off Rotation
Employment Type: Fixed-Term Contract
Term End Date: Until December 31, 2024
Scope of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate effective safety leadership by addressing and enforcing BW Golds safety standards, procedures, and safety systems.
- Ensure all site activities are conducted in a manner that prioritizes safety, the environment and community and industrial relations.
- Ensure overall schedules, budgets and target deliverables are achieved to a consistently high standard.
- Report and respond immediately to change to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Ensure work quality is of a high standard and in accordance with the project contract, drawings, specifications, specific plans and statutory and industry standards. Manage QAQC plan as per the approved ITP ensuring appropriate record keeping practises are maintained.
- Manage cost and schedule against the baselines and provide regular updates on the project status.
- Track installed quantities, cycle times and load factors for earthworks.
- Initiate, maintain and ensure safe keeping of accurate records of daily progress and events including regular photographic records.
- Attend weekly contractor meetings and ensure minutes are taken and issued as appropriate.
- Approve contractor’s progress claims against contracts, including any authorized extra works.
- Oversee hourly workers and supervise on-site contractors during construction.
- Ensure weekly safety audits occur with published findings.
- Ensure requests for information (RFIs) from contractors are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Review detailed design drawings produced by engineering firms prior to being issued for construction.
- Develop requests for proposal for purchasing materials, services and construction contracts.
- Collaborate with engineering and supply chain to develop the project specific procurement plan.
- Produce engineering and construction work packages.
- Weekly and Monthly reporting.
- Work in a team environment and share skills/experience with other members of the team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mining Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation or eligibility for membership as a Professional Engineer in BC.
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management and execution in construction and/or mining
- 2-3 years site-based operational experience in mining and/or heavy industrial work
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D would be considered an asset
- Acquainted with permitting and community relations practices and standards
- Ability to be flexible and manage a variety of assignments and situations simultaneously
- PMP certification is considered an asset
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- The ability to read and interpret specifications, technical drawings, schematics, and any other engineering documentation and/or reports
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with the project leadership team, personnel and contractors
- Strong knowledge of industry regulatory standards, codes and best practices
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible team player
- Ability to work at a remote location camp on a 2 weeks on/2 weeks off rotation
- Comfortable working and living in close quarters with the team
- Ability to maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shift
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
How to Apply:
We ask that qualified candidates submit their resumes to [email protected] with “BW Gold – Project Engineer Civil Earthworks” in the subject line of their email.
We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from local Indigenous communities. Members of Indigenous communities should clearly identify their status on their resume, as this an important consideration for this position.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.Apply Now