BW Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc (“Artemis”). Artemis is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. It is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company with strong financials aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining-friendly jurisdictions. Our current project is the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia, approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. Blackwater is an advanced-stage mine development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing construction in early 2023.
We are looking for an experienced and proactive Metallurgy Manager to join our Vancouver BW Gold team. The Manager Metallurgy will contribute to the execution of the strategy for the metallurgy team and assist with the design and implementation of technical plans and projects, ensuring their alignment with short and medium term organizational strategies.
Location of Position
The role will be based in the Vancouver head office. Some travel to our Prince George, Vanderhoof, and Blackwater project offices will be required.
Scope of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Interacts with and/or supervises consultants and engineering groups engaged in processing projects.
· Works with Project personnel by representing the metallurgy field in construction, commissioning, ramp-up, and completion testing activities required for the Blackwater Mine.
· Overseeing activities related to metallurgical test work conducted in laboratories and testing facilities.
· Researches new technologies/methodologies and tools to improve current practices.
· Works with Technical Services and Operations personnel to define characteristics of ore resources/ reserves and corporate initiatives for operations excellence.
· Prepares business cases and reports on mineral processing and metallurgy initiatives and presents recommendations and status updates to the management group.
· Performs periodic mine site visits to identify, evaluate, and manage risks in the Process Area, including technical audits, the review of management plans, process status, and process trend directions.
· Collaborates with cross-functional teams to identify and analyze risks and opportunities related to the function and considers the business impact of decisions on diverse groups.
· Assists with the development of practical, viable contingency plans in response to key risks to ensure plan delivery.
· Participates in technical due diligence reviews and provides technical input to site-based studies and process improvements.
· Motivates others to achieve project goals and influences leaders and key stakeholders to buy into change efforts that will result in sustained competitive advantage.
· Acts as an ambassador for continuous improvement within the metallurgical field and provides input to establishing and implementing best practices, policies, and systems.
· Assists in developing and implementing strategies and initiatives that support the organization’s ESG goals.
· Fosters an environment where safety is a top priority.
Proactively ensures that metallurgy and mineral processing initiatives fully consider health, safety, and the impact on the environment and surrounding communities and assists in the development of policies and procedures relating to health, safety and the environment.
· Ensures that mine site technical staff and respective work areas are in compliance with Health and Safety policies and regulations.
· Other duties as agreed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mineral Processing or Metallurgical Engineering.
- More than ten years of related work experience, preferably in gold processing.
- Experience with Carbon in Leach/Carbon in Pulp gold/silver extraction.
- Advanced level of knowledge in metallurgical testing protocols and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of Metallurgical Balances, Mass Balances, Water Balances, and Reconciliation calculations.
- Experience with laboratory QA/QC processes, including management of third-party laboratories.
- Experience in managing projects of varying scope and complexity, including technical studies.
- Experience in the detailed design of process and control systems and SCADA operations.
- Familiarity with accepted concepts, practices, and procedures for predictive and preventative maintenance of mine processing systems and equipment.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to circumstances.
- Strong communication, technical report writing, and presentation skills.
- Team player with a strong inclination toward developing co-operative solutions.
- Must be self-directed and work well in a dynamic environment.
- Experience supervising or mentoring technical employees.
The position reports to VP Technical Services
How to Apply:
We ask that qualified candidates submit their resumes to [email protected] with “BW Gold – Manager Metallurgy” in the subject line of their email.
We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from local Indigenous communities. Members of Indigenous communities should clearly identify their status on their resume, as this is an important consideration for this position.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.Apply Now