Construction Superintendent - Earthworks
BW Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc (“Artemis”). Artemis is listed on the TSX Venture exchange, and is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company with strong financials aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is construction of the Blackwater Mine in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the project team as the Company pursues the disciplined development of the Blackwater Mine. Blackwater Mine received its BC Mines Act permit in March, 2023, its environmental assessment approvals in 2019, and will begin major works construction in Q1, 2023.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Construction Superintendent is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the construction contractors and maintaining the project performance goals. The Superintendent coordinates work efforts and ensure activities are sequenced in accordance with the project schedule.
Location: Blackwater Mine site. The Blackwater Project is 160km Southwest of Prince George, BC.
Schedule: Two (2) Weeks On – Two (2) Weeks Off Rotation
Employment Type: Fixed term to December 31, 2024
Scope of Responsibilities
- Demonstrate effective safety leadership by addressing and enforcing BW Golds safety standards, procedures, and safety systems.
- Responsible for construction supervision and administration including supervision of contractors and their subcontractors for assigned portions of the project
- Monitors overall job site health, safety and environment performance and verifies that contractors are protecting their workers at the job site
- Ensure that the works performed by the contractors under their responsibility is executed to the prescribed quality standard
- Assists in the coordination of the design deliverables to support continuous and efficient construction
- Communicates the identification, management and resolution of deficiencies and non-conformance to the Construction Manager
- Assists with site administration and record keeping procedures in accordance with the Construction Execution Plan
- Assists with construction estimating, scheduling, cost control and reporting for all work being performed by the contractor in the assigned area of the project.
- Job site point of contact for all contractors in their assigned area of the project
- Develop an operations team to execute construction site development including; plant site preparation, non-process asset site preparation, road construction, and tailings site development.
- Achieve required construction schedule milestones. Work to support includes:
- input in to budgets, plans and schedules to support business needs;
- input in to constructability reviews
- development of time usage models, and field controls to guide operations team in the field
- execution of Technical Services execution plans;
- development of safe work practices and training programs for their area
- accountable to ensure implementation of corporate, business unit and site-specific health, safety and environmental programs
- Work collaboratively with the direct manager on key collaborative activities including:
- employee hiring;
- safe operating procedure development;
- maintenance strategies.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years in self-performed earthworks construction projects?
- Leadership of larger operations team of 100+ employees.
- Experience in large heavy equipment operations including site preparation, road construction, and quarry management activities.
- Technical degree or equivalent years of supervisory experience required for a leadership position
- Minimum five to ten years’ onsite experience on major projects
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work at a remote location camp on a 2 weeks on/2 weeks off rotation
- Comfortable working and living in close quarters with the team
- Ability to maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shift
- Ability to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to motivate and lead discipline-focused site teams to successfully execute the assigned scope of work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Broad knowledge of the EPCM model of project delivery including the activities, interfaces and interdependencies of all project disciplines (engineering, procurement, construction management, and other project related disciplines)
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to practically interpret and apply good construction practice and appropriate industry standards.
How to Apply:
We ask that qualified candidates submit their resumes to [email protected] with Construction Superintendent - Earthworks in the subject line of their email.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, or any other basis protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples. Members of Indigenous communities should clearly identify their status on their resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.Apply Now