Commercial Contracts Manager (Fixed-Term Contract) - January 31, 2023
BW Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc (“Artemis”). Artemis is listed on the TSX Venture exchange, and is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company with strong financials aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current project is the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the project team as the Company pursues the disciplined development of the Blackwater Project. Blackwater is an advanced-stage mine development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing construction in 2022.
We are looking for an experienced and proactive Commercial Contracts Manager to join our Blackwater project team. Reporting to the VP Construction, the Commercial Contracts Manager is responsible for ensuring the commercial and contractual interests of the project are protected during contract lifecycles and that effective risk management practices and governance are in place to minimize any exposures, maximize cost recoveries and support service delivery.
Location of Position: Vancouver Office
Some travel to the company’s other office locations and the Blackwater project site will be required.
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Employment Type: Fixed-Term Contract
Term End Date: Until December 31, 2024
Scope of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate effective safety leadership by addressing and enforcing BW Golds safety standards, procedures, and safety systems.
- Effective head contract and sub contract management, including supporting the Project Management Team by providing timely and accurate advice regarding contract rights and obligations.
- Provide support and assistance to the Project Management Team and package owners through the tender, negotiation and implementation stages, including cost analysis, commercial contract conditions/drafting, and liaising with the relevant group functions to support effective project outcomes.
- Establish and ensure maintenance of commercial and contract systems, including project cost reporting, registers (i.e.: variation, EOT) and commercial databases.
- Prepare various types of contractual agreements, such as service contracts, NDA’s, exclusivity agreements, third party contracts, joint venture agreements, etc.) and negotiating optimum commercial/contractual positions in contracts with head contractors and sub contractors.
- Prepare contractual correspondence and notices and manage head contract and sub contract progress claims compliance with contractual timeframes and requirements.
- Lead effective change management and implement appropriate change management processes in line with industry best practices.
- Attend head contract meetings as required and provide input into internal and external month end reporting requirements.
- Ensure head contracts and sub contracts meet contract deliverables (provisions, progress monitoring, evidence of insurability, return on security).
- Monitor contract progress and completion to ensure all contract obligations are met.
- Implement processes and procedures that manage risk and ensure contemporaneous data is recorded to maximise claim recovery.
- Identify and assess commercial and contractual risks and implement controls for mitigation of identified risks.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce or other related field
- 10 – 15 years experience in contract management in the construction and/or mining sector paired with experience with both head contract and subcontract administration
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial, economic and business challenges relating to the mining and construction industry
- Strong leadership and the ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Excellent analytical, problems solving and negotiation skills
- Strong liaising and networking skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with a wide variety of people
How to Apply:
We ask that qualified candidates submit their resumes to [email protected] with “BW Gold – Commercial Contracts Manager” in the subject line of their email.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, or any other basis protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.Apply Now