Administrative Assistant - Earthworks
BW Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc (“Artemis”). Artemis is listed on the TSX Venture exchange, and is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company with strong financials aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is construction of the Blackwater Mine in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the project team as the Company pursues the disciplined development of the Blackwater Mine. Blackwater Mine received its BC Mines Act permit in March, 2023, its environmental assessment approvals in 2019, and will begin major works construction in Q1, 2023.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Construction Superintendents - Earthworks, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Civil Earthworks team.
Location: Blackwater Mine site. The Blackwater Project is 160km Southwest of Prince George, BC.
Schedule: Two (2) Weeks On – Two (2) Weeks Off Rotation
Employment Type: Fixed term to December 31, 2024
Scope of Responsibilities
- Demonstrate effective safety leadership by addressing and enforcing BW Golds safety standards, procedures, and safety systems.
- Compiling, inputting, and filing data collected from the field (shift reports, timesheets, equipment prestart check lists, load count sheets).
- Set up and maintain effective filing systems organizing categories and data.
- Take minutes at meetings and distribute to the earthworks team.
- Prepare, maintain, and safeguard the confidentiality of office files.
- Ensure all communication documents are formatted correctly, have proper attachments and spelling, punctuation, and grammar are correct.
- Generate purchase requisitions.
- Ordering office supplies and consumables for earthworks.
- Other clerical duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be a safety leader and respect the traditional territories and culture of the Indigenous communities which host the project site.
- Minimum 3 years in an administrative role
- Attention to accuracy and detail with strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail and task follow through
- Ability to prioritize, solve problems, and make decisions
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong listening skills
- Self-motivated individual who can work with limited supervision
- Team player with the ability to focus on instructions and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work at a remote location camp on a 2 weeks on/2 weeks off rotation
- Comfortable working and living in close quarters with the team
- Ability to maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shift
How to Apply:
We ask that qualified candidates submit their resumes to [email protected] with Administrative Assistant - Earthworks in the subject line of their email.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, or any other basis protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples. Members of Indigenous communities should clearly identify their status on their resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.Apply Now