Payroll and Benefits Specialist (Prince George Office) - October 25, 2022
Position type: Permanent
Shift/Rotation: Monday to Friday
Positions available: 1
Location: Prince George, BC
BW Gold Ltd. is a subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc., listed on the TSX Venture exchange, a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms.
Scope of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Controller, the Payroll and Benefits Specialist is responsible for the company’s payroll department, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately and in compliance with all regulatory and legislative compliance procedures. You will also be responsible for planning, developing, and organizing new business procedures related to payroll.
What are the job responsibilities?
- Adhere to all payroll procedures and processes and ensure compliance to legislations such as Employment Standards, Canada Customs and Revenue Agency and Income Tax Act & Regulations.
- Implement, maintain and review payroll processing systems
- Enter, verify and process hours for employees
- Administer the Company's extended health and dental plan, registration with BC Medical Services Plan, and the RRSP program
- Reconcile payroll and benefits, and manage information flow to the general ledger, ensuring costs are allocated to the correct account and cost center
- Prepare all provincial and federal reporting and remittances, year-end reconciliations, payroll related tax forms, and documents for annual audit and other ad hoc related matters
- Be a resource for complex payroll questions and be equipped to research answers as required
- Ensure payroll information for new hires, resignations and terminations is correct
- Maintain contemporary manuals and HRIS system for all payroll, benefits and insurance processes
- Ensure employee confidence by protecting payroll operations and keeping information confidential
- Assist accounting team with month-end requirements
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be a safety leader and respect the traditional territories and culture of the Indigenous communities which host the project site
- 5+ years minimum previous experience in benefits and payroll experience/reconciliation
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification (preferred)
- Working experience and understanding of rotational schedules preferred
- Basic understanding of the Employment Standards Act BC including application of Variances and Averaging Agreements
- Experience building and implementing a new payroll system
- High attention to detail, able to work with sensitive documents, and be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish trust, credibility and rapport at all levels of the company
- Proven ability to be hands on, demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative, results-orientation
- Experience with Microsoft Office365, ADP and HRIS systems
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com with “Payroll and Benefits Specialist” in the subject line of their email.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, or any other basis protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous People. We would like to thank all of those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.