General Labourer - July 26, 2022
Position type: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Shift/Rotation: 2X2, Dayshift
Positions available: 10
Location: Blackwater Project (162 km from Vanderhoof)
Competitive Hourly Rate
BW Gold Ltd. is a subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc., listed on the TSX Venture exchange, a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
Blackwater is an advanced-stage development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing construction in 2022. The Company published a Feasibility Study in September 2021 which reflects a 22-year mine life, a low strip ratio of 2:1 and a net present value of C$2.15B at a long-term consensus gold price of US$1,600/oz.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms.
Scope of Responsibilities
Your primary responsibility will be to work with the Blackwater Project team and certified trades personnel to safely renovate and upgrade selected infrastructure. You will focus on developing fundamental carpentry skills and provide assistance to your colleagues, along with gaining exposure into workstream planning and site environmental and health and safety participation.
- Complete job hazard assessments as tasks and environmental conditions change;
- Remove light fixtures, flooring, walls, window and door trim, light switch covers and floor vents;
- Construct new interior wall frames according to the re-designed floorplan;
- Assist tradespersons in removing and relocating electrical, plumbing, and HVAC utilities for the new dorm floorplan;
- Install plywood and drywall on new interior floors and walls;
- Install showers, vanities, toilet units, and all associated hardware and fixtures;
- Paint all reconstructed interior walls, replace trim, and apply floor coverings;
- Install lighting fixtures, switch covers, floor vents, etc.;
- Assemble all dorm room furniture and install in end use location;
- Must be able to work within industrial safety standards and respect the traditional territories and culture of the Indigenous communities which host the project site.
- Must be able to exhibit a base level of physical fitness.
- Team player with the ability to focus on instructions and complete tasks in a safe and timely manner.
- Preliminary carpentry skills and some experience with small hand tools.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license is required.
Candidates will have to be able to clear pre-access requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BW Gold – Labourer” in the subject line of their email.
We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Impact Benefit Agreement Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the resume, to receive priority consideration.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.