Journeyman Carpenter - September 23, 2022
Position type: Permanent Full Time
Shift/Rotation: 2X2, Dayshift 12-hour days
Positions available: 2
Location: Blackwater Project (162 km from Vanderhoof)
BW Gold Ltd. (BW Gold) is a subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc, a growth-oriented gold development company and the champion of the Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia. The Blackwater Gold project has received approval to commence the early works, and it is the first step required for mine construction.
The Blackwater Gold mine is the largest mine development project in the Cariboo region of B.C. in the last decade. It will support regional employment for a period over 25 years, including the construction period, with a potential life of mine extension through further exploration. It is estimated that the project will create 457 direct full-time jobs per year over the 23-year operating life of the mine, with 825 direct full- time jobs per year created during the construction/expansion phases of mine development.
Scope of Responsibilities
Your primary responsibility will be to work with the Blackwater Project Site Manager and certified trades personnel to safely renovate a set of dorm buildings on site. You will focus on developing fundamental carpentry skills and provide assistance to your colleagues. In addition, you will participate in daily safety meetings and contribute to team culture.
- Read and interpret drawings and/or receive instructions from a supervisor
- Carry out a variety of carpentry services (including backing, blocking, framing, installation and other general carpentry
- Ability to utilize time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes effectiveness and success
- Select proper materials for specific tasks along with required quantities, as per building code
- Reads and interpret blueprints
- Planning sequences and methods of work
- Maintaining a clean construction site
- Execute work with minimal supervision while working alongside a team and other sub-trades to complete projects
- Perform other construction related duties as assigned
- Adhere to all policies and procedure
- Must be able to work within industrial safety standards and respect the traditional territories and culture of the Indigenous communities which host the project site.
- The physical ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs., as well as performing repetitive motions, bending, crouching and/or kneeling for long periods throughout the day
- Team player with the ability to focus on instructions and complete tasks in a safe and timely manner.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Journeyman certificate 4-6 years of related experience; carpentry, drywall, framing.
- Experience working in a camp environment is considered an asset
- The ability to work long hours while completing repetitive tasks
- Ability to handle heavy workloads, that can be physically demanding
- The capability to work outside in extreme weather conditions depending on the season
- Erect/install and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites
- Place and spread materials such as concrete
- Ability work in safety sensitive environment and in all weather conditions
- The ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- OFA 3 would be considered an asset
Candidates will have to be able to clear pre-access requirements such as criminal background check, drug, alcohol, and medical tests.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume to bwgoldHR@artemisgoldinc.com with “Journeyperson Carpenter” in the subject line of their email.
We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Impact Benefit Agreement Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the resume, to receive priority consideration.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.