Industrial Electrician - September 23, 2022
Position type: Permanent Full Time
Shift/Rotation: 2X2, Dayshift 12-hour days
Positions available: 2
Location: Blackwater Project (162 km from Vanderhoof)
BW Gold Ltd. (BW Gold) is a subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc, a growth-oriented gold development company and the champion of the Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia. The Blackwater Gold project has received approval to commence the early works, and it is the first step required for mine construction.
The Blackwater Gold mine is the largest mine development project in the Cariboo region of B.C. in the last decade. It will support regional employment for a period over 25 years, including the construction period, with a potential life of mine extension through further exploration. It is estimated that the project will create 457 direct full-time jobs per year over the 23-year operating life of the mine, with 825 direct full- time jobs per year created during the construction/expansion phases of mine development.
Scope of Responsibilities
This role will be responsible for all electrical installations, power distribution, preventative maintenance programs and process equipment systems.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations.
- Install, replace and repair electrical control and distribution equipment such as MCC’s, VFD’s, Load centers and Motors:
- Install, replace and repair distribution equipment distribution boards & power distribution equipment.
- Testing of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair.
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components.
- Execute work with minimal supervision while working alongside a team and other sub-trades to complete projects
- Perform other construction related duties as assigned
- Ability to scope, plan & supervise contractors & apprentices with regards to small project works & maintenance contracts.
- Adhere to all policies and procedure
- Red Seal Journeyperson certification as an Industrial Electrician
- Must be able to work within industrial safety standards and respect the traditional territories and culture of the Indigenous communities which host the project site.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools and electrical drawings and blueprints
- The physical ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs., as well as performing repetitive motions, bending, crouching and/or kneeling for long periods throughout the day
- Team player with the ability to focus on instructions and complete tasks in a safe and timely manner.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Minimum one (3) year of experience working as an Industrial Electrician
- Experience working in a camp environment is considered an asset
- The capability to work outside in extreme weather conditions depending on the season
- Work at heights & confined space authorization required
- OFA 3 would be considered an asset
Candidates will have to be able to clear pre-access requirements such as criminal background check, drug, alcohol, and medical tests.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume to bwgoldHR@artemisgoldinc.com with “Industrial Electrician” in the subject line of their email.
We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Impact Benefit Agreement Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the resume, to receive priority consideration.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.