Human Resources Advisor - September 19, 2022
BW Gold Ltd. is a subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc., listed on the TSX Venture exchange, a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have the ability to make a significant contribution to the project team as the Company pursues the disciplined development of the Blackwater Project. Blackwater is an advanced-stage development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing major construction in fall 2022. The Company published a Feasibility Study in September 2021 which reflects a 22-year mine life, a low strip ratio of 2:1 and a net present value of C$2.15B at a long-term consensus gold price of US$1,600/oz.
Reporting to the Human Resources Superintendent the Human Resources Advisor is responsible for supporting the Human Resources Department in the efficient and effective delivery of human resources functions, including training and development, benefits and compensation administration, employee relations, occupational health and safety and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) administration. Also advises managers on leave management, performance management, policy interpretation and compensation and benefits issues.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES:
- Implements established programs including performance reviews, training and development, compensation reviews, employee communications and benefit administration
- Implements individual and HR team projects such as reward and recognition, retention, statistical analysis, and career development programs
- Works collaboratively with all departments, leading and/or partnering on the communication and implementation of new HR programs and initiatives
- Provides information and advice regarding workforce planning, employee relations, workplace issues, workplace health and safety, and HR related legislation
- Conducts exit interviews, identifies key issues and trends and makes recommendations for improvement as appropriate
- Monitors the employee experience throughout the operations to identify employee relations issues and opportunities, recommends ideas and actions
- Ensures the disability management program is effective, including short-term and long-term leaves, and in alignment with corporate objectives
- Evaluates human resources policies and programs against operational and employee needs
- Completes routine HR administrative functions, including providing advice and assistance to employees to complete routine HR paperwork or assists them with resolution of HR issues, e.g., incorrect pay, leaves etc
- Builds and maintains relationships between all mine departments and Human Resources to create awareness and understanding of HR strategies and philosophies
- Keeps current and ensures compliance with changes to legislation such as Human Rights Act, Privacy Act, Employment Standards, and Health and Safety legislation
- Promotes a team-based culture between employees, departments, partners and contractors
- Demonstrates the highest standards without compromise, supporting and living the company values
- Openly supports Company policy regardless of personal views
- Monitors key HR metrics to identify operational level trends and strategic issues requiring action planning
- Maintains employee records and coordinates with the payroll department to ensure correct employee data
- Tracks employee absences through the HR software and records details about personal days, sick leave, jury duty and extended leaves of absence
Skills and Experience
- Post-graduate, Bachelor of Human Resources, Commerce or Business Administration with Human Resource or Industrial Relations specialization or a related discipline
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources designation (CPHR) is considered an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Human Resources
- Related experience in mining and an understanding of Project Management would be considered assets
- Demonstrates people leadership skills, as well as critical and strategic thinking
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of Products, Microsoft Teams, and One View reports
- Experience with HR software considered a strong asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong multi-tasking and proven ability to manage competing priorities based on business demands
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Self-motivated and takes initiative; proactively looks for ways to add value
We ask that any interested candidates submit your CV’s to email@example.com with “HR Advisor” in the subject line of their email.
We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from local Indigenous communities. Members of Indigenous communities should clearly identify their status on their resume, as this an important consideration for this position.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.