Environmental Manager - June 09, 2022
Artemis Gold Inc., listed on the TSX Venture exchange, is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company with strong financial capacity aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions, like the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160 km southwest of Prince George and 450 km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with financial capacity and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will make a significant impact, working with the project team to lead and guide excellence in Indigenous relations and community affairs for the Blackwater Project. Blackwater is an advanced-stage mine development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing construction in 2022.
Scope of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation and adherence to project environmental and social commitments, including compliance/ sustainability assurance and reporting
- Lead operations-phase and exploration permit and support pre-operations/construction permitting
- Support implementation of project agreements, education and training initiatives
- Direct management of site environmental activities and consultants
- Implementation of an environmental management system while adhering to corporate environmental standards
- Maintenance of good relations with British Columbia and Federal regulators
- Support the community relations team in communication with Indigenous nations and local communities, including travel to communities as needed
- A minimum of 5+ years’ progressive experience in management of environmental aspects at a mine site
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or a combination of education and experience could be considered
- Experience in mine permitting in British Columbia
- Knowledge of the various technical processes associated with a mining/process operation.
- Superlative communication and presentation skills, particularly in presenting technical information in plain language
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal, provincial, and local environmental regulations, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to gain cooperation and support through discussion, negotiations, and persuasion.
- Candidates with a professional BC designation such as PEng, PGeo, RPBio is considered an asset.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to travel throughout the region including overnight as required by the work.
- Candidates located within or willing to locate to the project region are strongly preferred.
- Experience with cold weather operations.
How to Apply:
We ask that any interested candidates submit your CVs to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from minorities and other disadvantaged groups.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.