Contract Superintendent (EPC and Mining) - November 4, 2022
BW Gold Ltd. is a subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc., listed on the TSX Venture exchange, a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
Blackwater is an advanced-stage development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing construction in 2022. The Company published a Feasibility Study in September 2021 which reflects a 22 year mine life, a low strip ratio of 2:1 and a net present value of C$2.15B at a long-term consensus gold price of US$1,600/oz.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. This role requires someone with greenfield construction experience, excellent leadership. and organizational skills. EPC & Mining Contract Superintendent will report to the Project Manager, EPC.
Primary areas of accountability include:
- Commercially manage all construction & mining contracts, including Minerals Processing Facility EPC, Transmission line EPC, mining equipment supply & associated mining services contracts.
- Provide support to Head of Construction and Mining as required for periodic reporting.
- Introduce effective and fit for purpose management systems, commercial procedures, and systems of work to ensure standards & performance of the contracts are efficient, productive & in line with global best practices.
- Management and co-ordination of all commercial aspects with construction and project work, ensuring timely completion of project development and transition to steady state production mining activities.
- EPC Contract close out reporting.
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related field, or a combination of education and work experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar role on major capital projects (>$250M)
- Team player with a service-delivery focus, good business acumen, ability to adapt to change in a growing company.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet both internal and external deadlines.
- Strong understanding of legal and contractual language
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines while producing high quality, error-free content
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to travel.
- Experience with cold weather operations an asset.
How to Apply:
We ask that any qualified candidates submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, or any other basis protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples. We would like to thank all of those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.