Administrative Assistant - May 12, 2022
Position type: Permanent
Shift/Rotation: 2X2, Dayshift
Positions available: 1
Location: Blackwater Project (162 km from Vanderhoof)
BW Gold Ltd. (BW Gold) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc (Artemis). Artemis is listed on the TSX Venture exchange, is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company with strong financial capacity aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Artemis, by way of BW Gold, is the proponent of the Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia, approximately 160 km southwest of Prince George and 446 km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization focussed on growing a strong culture of safety performance and technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have an impactful role contributing to this culture as you develop various skills working with talented, community-oriented team members at the growing Blackwater Project site. Blackwater is an advanced-stage mine development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing construction in 2022.
Scope of Responsibilities
Your primary responsibilities will be to provide administrative support to the Blackwater Mine Management Team, ensuring the efficient operation of the Site office and related activities. The following scope is not exhaustive and may change as the project moves from a development to operational stage:
- Produce, arrange, and distribute presentation material.
- Manage records, appointments, upcoming events, and calendars of activities.
- Using integrity, confidentiality, and diplomacy work with all levels of management and staff.
- Prepare and/or validate expense reports ensuring accuracy and compliance to corporate and/or project policies, procedures, and code of ethics.
- Manage site personnel travel logistics, rosters, and daily schedules.
- Take minutes at meetings and create action plans.
- Prepare itineraries for trips and large meetings.
- Perform general office duties to include mail distribution, ordering office supplies, and creating and maintaining department files.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries and make decisions when necessary.
- Proofread documents for correct formatting, English usage, grammar, and spelling.
- Undertake special assignments as required or as assigned by Management.
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports as requested.
- Ensure anyone mobilizing to site has all the requirements/information prior to arrival (accommodations, contact, etc.)
- Assist and support the project team with various administrative tasks as needed.
- Support the successful implementation of the IBA.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a safety leader and respect the traditional territories and culture of the Indigenous communities which host the project site.
- Attention to accuracy and detail with strong writing and editing / proofreading skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail and task follow through
- Exceptional ability to prioritize, solve problems, and make decisions
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong listening skills
- Self-initiative and motivation with an emphasis on client service
- Team player with the ability to focus on instructions and complete tasks in a safe and timely manner.
Candidates will have to be able to clear pre-access requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BW Gold – Administration Assistant” in the subject line of their email.
We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from local communities. Members of Indigenous communities should clearly identify their status on their resume, as this an important consideration for this position.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.