VP Legal - July 08, 2022
Artemis Gold Inc., listed on the TSX Venture exchange, is a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company with strong financial capacity aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions, like the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160 km southwest of Prince George and 450 km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with financial capacity and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms.
Reporting into the Chief Commercial Officer, the VP, Legal role will primarily be responsible for the timely and accurate contract reviews, support of the Blackwater Project during project development and operations (including with First Nations’ impact benefit agreements and stakeholder matters), assisting with project financing and the preparation of regulatory filings and documents along with other ad hoc business-related matters.
Location of Position
The position will be based in Vancouver.
Advise on Key Contractual Agreements
- Assist with the review of contractor agreements and other key contracts, including appropriate risk transfer from owner to contractors/subcontractors;
- Summarize risks and consider mitigation strategies in relation to key contracts related to the Project;
- Provide market intelligence to assist with contract negotiations;
- Manage and monitor performance against contractual terms and managing any disputes or breaches under contracts; and
- Research and assist with commercial settlements on disputed matters.
Permitting and Indigenous First Nations Matters
- Review and monitor the contractual obligations under the existing Partnership Agreements with First Nations; and
- Support the integration of business opportunity obligations within the participation agreements with the indigenous nations and the EPC and Key supplier counterparties.
Ongoing Support of the Project during Project Development and Operations
- Provide on-going support to the business on contractual issues arising under “live” aspects of the Project, including interpretation of relevant provisions in various project documents;
- Assist in managing the Project to meet the key contractual obligations; and
- Liaise with Artemis representatives on new and existing Project opportunities.
- Assist with any lender due diligence requests;
- Support the Closing of the Project Financing for the Project; and
- Manage and monitor performance against Credit Agreements and managing any disputes or breaches under the contract.
Board Meeting Preparation and Regulatory Matters
- Work with relevant staff to prepare for all Board and Committee meetings;
- Identify items that require approval by the Board and Committees drafting resolutions as required and ensure that legal review is undertaken as appropriate;
- Assist with continuous disclosure filings/disclosures and tracking of required disclosures and deadlines; and
- Ensure appropriate records management for all regulatory and compliance documents.
- Other such duties as may be assigned, including providing assistance to other departments as needed.
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of board and corporate governance – law, trends and best practices;
- Experience working in the mining industry is an asset;
- Knowledge of public company regulatory framework;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent project management, coordination and planning skills;
- Team player able to work independently and collaboratively;
- Follows through on tasks, works well under pressure and delivers results on time;
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality;
- Hands-on, self-sufficient and demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude;
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point); and
- Knowledge of electronic data rooms and contract management software.
How to Apply:
We ask that qualified candidates submit their resumes to [email protected] with “VP, Legal” in the subject line of their email.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, or any other basis protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous People. We would like to thank all of those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.