Heavy Equipment Operator - July 12, 2022
Position description: Heavy Equipment Operator
Position type: 6 month contract
Shift/Rotation: 2X2, Dayshift
Positions available: 12
Location: Blackwater Project (162 km from Vanderhoof)
BW Gold Ltd. is a subsidiary of Artemis Gold Inc., listed on the TSX Venture exchange, a well-financed, growth-oriented gold development company aimed at creating shareholder value through the identification, acquisition, and development of gold properties in mining friendly jurisdictions. Our current focus is the recently acquired Blackwater Gold Project in central British Columbia approximately 160km southwest of Prince George and 450km northeast of Vancouver.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization focussed on growing a strong culture of safety performance and technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. You will have an impactful role contributing to this culture as you develop various skills working with talented, community-oriented team members at the growing Blackwater Project site. Blackwater is an advanced-stage mine development project which received its environmental assessment approvals in 2019 and is proceeding towards permitting, with the goal of commencing construction in 2022.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Your primary responsibilities will be to operate heavy equipment used in the construction of the mine and in material handling work.
- The operation of heavy equipment (Dozer D10, Grader 24/16, Excavator 470/2000, RTD, Haul Trucks)
- Perform pre-shift and post-shift safety inspections and complete daily equipment reports
- Report all unsafe mechanical conditions
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on equipment
- Assist in general mine labour and other duties as required
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of the haul trucks.
- Effective communication using a 2-way radio system.
- Maintain equipment integrity and complete job hazard analysis reports and equipment logbooks.
- Always protect the safety and well-beingof yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Committed and have the ability to learn from others and adopt best practices while maintaining a strong focus on safety, integrity, and reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with peers, trainees, and supervisors.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Education
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Formal training preferred
- 3-5 years experience in an open pit mining environment preferred
- Be prepared to actively participate in positive and safe working atmosphere
- The ability to stay alert and pay attention to detail during all hours and weather conditions while on shift
- Ability to safely climb and access equipment, as well as lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs
- Be a strong team member and be able to work independently as required
- A valid BC Driver’s License
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com with “BW Gold – Heavy Equipment Operator” in the subject line of their email OR submit their application online by clicking on the “Apply Now” link below.
We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest. Preference will be given to qualified applicants from local communities. Members of Indigenous communities should clearly identify their status on their resume, as this an important consideration for this position.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.
1 Shifts, rosters, and rotations are subject to change with business needs.